Blackberry Launches New Android Smartphone

BlackBerry  Limited on Tuesday 26th, July 2016 officially announced the keyboardless DTEK50, the second android offering from the company (after the release of the Blackberry Priv last year)

There were mixed reviews about the Priv when it was released last year coupled with its high price, so to stay in the game blackberry decided to launch another android - based smartphone called the DTEK50. It was originally called the Blackberry neon, before blackberry settled with the new name "Dtek50" for reasons best known to them ( I would have preferred the neon though and I know you would too)

DTEK50 comes with a 5.2 inches 1080p display,  and Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory and a memory card slot (microSD slot) which is extendable for up to 256GB

Talking about the Camera, it comes with a 13 mega pixels rear camera and  8 mega pixels front Camera. it also comes with various blackberry productivity features including the blackberry hub......  The device according to blackberry is the " world most secure android phone ".

You can check out the full phone specifications here

You can also visit the official blackberry blog here to know more about the device


If you ask for my opinion, I would rate the device 3/10.. why???. Here is my answer - even the blackberry Priv that was released last year has an internal memory of 32GB with microSD slot extendable to 256GB, in my opinion, the blackberry neon should be an upgrade on that, I'm disappointed the neon has just only 16GB internal memory ( comparable to that of z10) and I heard the battery is non removable, that's crap to me besides the battery capacity is a mere 2160mAh, aha!!!! Enough of all this dissappointment.. I could say more buh lemme just stop here. I doubt if BlackBerry can really stay in the game.

Post a Comment

0 Comments